Please continue to check back for updates.
MNA ESL Training at 45th General Assembly
God has brought the World to our Doorstep! Every city and town in the United States is experiencing an influx of people from all around the world. How should the Church respond to this movement of people directed by our Sovereign God? With joyful obedience!! Through ESL (English as a Second Language) ministries, the Church can now obey two of Jesus’ great commands in one ministry. We can literally reach the nations (Matthew 28:19-20) by loving our neighbor (Luke 10:27).
Date: Monday, June 12, 6:00 pm – 9:30 pm
Tuesday, June 13, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
** All participants MUST attend both sessions.
Location: Christ Church, 414 N Church Street, Greensboro NC
Cost: $50 per person includes training manual, DVD, snacks, and lunch on Tuesday
Description: In this training you will learn how to :
- Start and grow a fruitful ESL Ministry
- Teach ESL to adult Internationals including:
- How to place students in the proper fluency level classroom
- How to Lesson Plan using professionally written curriculum
- How to introduce new vocabulary & sentences using new vocabulary
- How to get the students to generate their own sentences
- How to build authentic relationships with your students
- How to share the Gospel both inside and outside the ESL Classroom
You do not need to speak a foreign language or be a professional teacher to be a volunteer ESL Teacher. All you need to do is speak English and love Jesus and we can teach you the rest.
Click here to register online for the ESL Training.
Contact MNA ESL Director, Nancy Booher, for additional information about the training.