Make the most of your opportunity to serve as a new commissioner to the PCA General Assembly!
Tips for understanding General Assembly and making the most of your time.
- Register to firstname.lastname@example.org to attend the First Time Commissioners Dinner. Space is limited.
- GA for Rookies: Plan to attend this seminar led by Dr. Roy Taylor, Stated Clerk of the General Assembly. You will get an excellent overview of how General Assembly works and have the opportunity to ask questions.
- Follow byFaith for articles on important issues to be addressed at General Assembly.
- Learn about General Assembly: Read A Basic Guide to the PCA General Assembly, a booklet by Dr. Stephen Estock. This booklet briefly explains the ins and outs of GA and explores topics like ‘What is the General Assembly,’ ‘Basic Rules of Parliamentary Procedure,’ and the ‘GA Docket.’ For more information, go to http://www.pcabookstore.com/p-9326-basic-guide-to-the-pca-general-assembly-ebook.aspx
- ShareFile and General Assembly apps: Available for download in the Spring of 2019!
- ShareFile – access the Commissioner Handbook and see General Assembly documents, including onsite reports.
- General Assembly app – provides information on schedules, food events, seminars and exhibitors, and opportunities to interact with other attendees.
- Commissioner Handbook: Available for download in May 2019.
- Register to attend a hosted meal or event.
- PCA ministries and other organizations host breakfasts, luncheons and other events. These events will be posted on the GA website along with registration or RSVP instructions. Plan to attend at least one of these events to network, meet other commissioners and learn about valuable ministries.
- Bring your family! Be sure to check out the Women and Family Events. If the programs and activities are not sold out, onsite registration may be available.
- Prayerfully consider serving on a Committee of Commissioners. Notify your Presbytery Stated Clerk that you are registered as a commissioner and would be willing to serve.
- Consider volunteering as a Floor Clerk. This is a great way to meet other elders and learn more about the business of General Assembly.
- Find helpful resources! Visit the Exhibit Hall – where valuable resources abound! Find great tools for you, your church, and your ministry.
- Pro-Tip See the General Assembly app for a listing of exhibitors.
- Be flexible. Organize your schedule and be sure to leave room to fellowship with friends.
- Pro-Tip Create your personal schedule on the General Assembly app.
- Pay attention! This year even more helpful information will be available on the big screens! If you are feeling lost in procedure, look up on the screens.